Whitepaper - Tracking Application Security Changes in EnterpriseOne

• Thread starter brother_of_karamazov
  • Start date

brother_of_karamazov

Legendary Poster
Tracking Application Security Changes in EnterpriseOne
http://www.thestevensons.org/whitepapers

Executive Summary

Sarbanes-Oxley imposes new requirements on JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers, particularly in the areas of tracking changes to the system. SOX's focus on the area of division of resposibilities makes being able to produce documentation or an audit trail of changes to security important to passing your Sarbanes review.

Having a full and complete history of application security changes is a valuable troubleshooting tool for administrators. Knowing what security was in place at a certain time can aid in determing the root cause of system issues and the information contained in the security history table can be used to roll security changes back to a previous configuration if necessary.

Whatever use you have for keeping a record of F00950 security changes you can agree that maintaining the information is good practice, takes little space and has an almost neglible impact on system performance. Spending thirty minutes to set up this method of EnterpriseOne security history tracking could well save you untold hours in the future.

Abstract

The purpose of this paper is to describe the methods used to create an EnterpriseOne security history table that maintains a list of all application security inserts, updates, and deletes.

Step-by-step instructions, including screen captures detailing the setup are included to enable the EnterpriseOne system administrator to easily configure their system to track security changes for the following security types that are maintained in F00950: Application Security, Action Security, Row Security, Column Security, Processing Option Security, Tab Security, Exit Security, Exclusive Application Security, External Calls Security, Solution Explorer Security, Portal Security. All security changes including new records (inserts), updates to existing records (updates), and importantly, deletion of records (deletes) are tracked.

A bonus section is included with additional tips.

Total Pages - 22

Will I be able to apply the coding logic to any of the applications in JDE?

I am a compliance officer with my company and I would like to be able to track who is making changes to my company's customer and vendor 'master files'. Can I implement the same tracking within those two JDE subsystems?

Back