Where a Business Function is used?

ellendavis

I am trying to determine where a particular business function is being used. The particular business function that I am trying to find is B4300570 (Verify Receipt Routing Process). We have a custom application that is not working in Production but is working in DV and PY. The business function B4300570 displays in the debug log as being used in DV but is not being used when it fails in PD. I have rebuilt the cross reference but this business function is not showing where it is being called from. We are really puzzled as why this is failing in Production and not Development. We even copied the data from Prod to DV but not luck. The code has been promoted and rebuilt in PD but still fails.
I think if I can determine what calls the BF then we should be able to narrow down the issue.

Thank you
Ellen

ERP 8.0 SP23_R1
Unix
Oracle DB
Citrix
Fat clients (development)

You might want to look at what ESU's you might have deployed to your development pathcode, that you might not have promoted/deployed to Production.

Is this working in PY ? Perhaps it isn't a code issue, but a data issue ? An easy way to test this is if you have the "TS" environment installed.

If you have an issue in the DV environment, but not in the PY environment - then to determine whether the issue is code or data, you can log into the "TS" environment (if you don't have this created, its just a matter of creating a new environment with pathcode of DV and OCM data mappings to CRPDTA). If you see the issue in this environment (DV code, CRP Data), then the issue is code related. If not, then its data related. Nice and simple.

Make sure you build the cross reference in both DV and PD - and you perform a FULL rebuild, because otherwise you won't see everything you need to see.

On our install (8.10) it is invoked by R43510. That was the only object that came up in our Cross Reference File.

Hi Ellen,

The following BSFNs call B4300570:

B3100770 (Work Order Completions MBF)
B3102080 (Co-By Completions MBF)
X43091 (Receipt Routing Initiator)
XT4312Z1 (Purchase Order Receipts)

From the jdedebug.log, you should be able to determine who is calling. Zip and post the debug logs (PY and PD) if you want us to take a look.

Craig

Back