What is UDC ?

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
Since the time I started JDE, I have an un-answered doubt.

What is UDC ?

I browsed through lot of Oracle documentation (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17984_01/doc.898/e14721/user_defined_codes.htm) but could not get idea.

In my understanding the UDC is something like predefined enum data structure in C language.
Suppose, the status of a examination result may have 3 options
0-Result on hold
1-Failed
2-Passed

So in C, we will have
enum
{
result_on_hold=0,
failed=1,
passed=2
}

Is it the same concept which describes the UDC.
Sorry for the lengthy question
frown.gif

If I see something like
[ QUOTE ]
System Code Enter a value that designates the system number for the Next Number
retrieval. See UDC 98/SY.

[/ QUOTE ]
where should I go to find the details. To F0005 ?

Hi Rauf ,
thats a really good anaolgy yes the UDC's are like user defined enumerators . or short codes for something . there very handy and have 2 fields you can use to store descriptions or values description1 and description2

the udc's have 2 parts to them the system code eg 55 which covers a group of related udcs and the user defined code so fro example a udc labled 55 / a1 would be a udc called a1 which belongs in group 55 ( i hope that makes sense )

The Table F0005 is the big Daddy Table that holds all of the UDC information for all of the lines in all of the UDC's

you can set up your own UDC's or add extra lines etc by fast pathing to UDC

I hope that helps out a little Please Forgive me if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs here Im relativley new to the forums and am just trying to be helpfull

all the best

Charlie

Rauf

UDC stands for User Defined Code.To get to these, you can just fastpath to UDC (P0004A).

UDC types are stored in F0004. Here you will see that 98/SY is designed to hold System Code.

The actual UDC values are stored in F0005.

User Defined Codes are used to assign a list of valid values for a field.

Hope this helps
Aidy

Rauf,
UDC is nothing but a common table(F0005) which is storing master data like state,document type etc..wherever neet to store limited details. UDC is very usefull. you do not need to create separate table for any codes like document type ledger types etc. UDC is very good concept . as JDE user/consulatant everybody must understand it.

Back