E9.1 Weird Update to F4201 after running F4211EditLine, EndDoc

FrankCLT

Well Known Member
Hi All,

We have a NER that runs several of the B4200310 functions, just noticed that the SHMCU changes from the original value.

Prior to NER Running:
F4201.SHMCU = 026

F4211.SDMCU = 26002
F4211.SDEMCU = 026

After to NER Running:
F4201.SHMCU = 26002

F4211.SDMCU = 26002
F4211.SDEMCU = 026

This is causing us a few issues; anyone have any Ideas? I think it occurs after the EndDoc....

Thank you,
FrankCLT

Yeeeeah. This is the danger of calling MBF's manually :)

You need to "do the time" of analyzing the P4210 process as it was designed. Don't let anything hiding in one of the nooks and crannies of event rules get swept under the table either. Everything counts in that chain. With proper analysis you can then look at your NER and see where something might have been missed.

I did this for 54HS and it took a few "sweeps" to uncover everything that was firing off. Only then was I confident in designing a process that would call them manually for a data conversion. I tossed the flow into Excel and then imported to Visio for understandable visualization. Each square box is a MBF call:

1709225604756.png

Pay close attention to the vars being mapped at each step as well. Var names that might make not much sense get mapped in strange places. There may be "manual ER" data conversion happening on the vars in between the BF calls. Etc etc...

Do you have a debug log of this occuring at all? If so I'd check the first instance of '26002' coming back or going into a BSFN and focus my attention around the objects or tables mentioned there.
Hopefully there is a flag, setting or UDC etc you can change to stop it.
Or just do a dirty plaster fix and ask if when the BSFNs are done it matches 026, if not update it back

Back