Websphere on Win2000 with AS400

MagarG

MagarG

VIP Member
We are attempting to setup a JAS server on a Win2000 box for SP16.1,
OneWorld Xe. We already have it setup on the AS400 but response times
are unbearable. I'm looking for config files and setup params, like
what the jas.ini looks like and the command line args for the
Application Server under this configuration.

In terms of configuration, anyone using SP16.1 with Websphere running
on an NT/2000 box and the Enterprise Server being the AS400? We would
like to put the two java tables on the deployment server (to use SQL)
for testing only. We do not have DB2 on the AS400. Our Enterprise
server is setup with a type I (Client Access). Do I still need the
weblogic driver with this configuration?

We ran the R98403 and did the copy, so now the F989998 and 9 tables are
in SQL under Central Objects - DV. The Websphere test snoop servet
worked ok. The repository is stored in InstantDB. We get the following
error when attempting to connect. I'm not sure if the jas.ini is
correct or the command line arguments for the Application Server.
Thanks, gm.

ENT: AS400 V4R5
DEP: NT SP6a, SQL 7 SP3
JDE: OneWorld XE SP16.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A recursive error was detected.
The server cannot use specified error page. Please check the
application error-path.

Original Error:
Error Message: No target servlet configured for uri:
/servlet/html.login
Error Code: 404
Target Servlet: null
Error Stack:

Root Error-1: No target servlet configured for uri:
/servlet/html.login

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.NoTargetForURIException: No target
servlet configured for uri: /servlet/html.login
at
at
at
at
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcherInfo.getTargetServlet(WebAppRequestDispatcherInfo.java:104)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:220)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:138)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:77)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:67)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(CacheableInvocationContext.java:106)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:160)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:300)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.SQEventListenerImp$ServiceRunnable.run(SQEventListenerImp.java:230)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.SQEventListenerImp.notifySQEvent(SQEventListenerImp.java:104)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQEventSource.notifyEvent(SQEventSource.java:212)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQWrapperEventSource$SelectRunnable.notifyService(SQWrapperEventSource.java:353)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQWrapperEventSource$SelectRunnable.run(SQWrapperEventSource.java:220)
at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.outofproc.OutOfProcThread$CtlRunnable.run(OutOfProcThread.java:248)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:481)

Recursive Error:
Error Message: No target servlet configured for uri: /
Error Code: 0
Target Servlet: null
Error Stack:

Wrapped Error-2: No target servlet configured for uri: /

AS400 V4R5 Coexist CO-NT Xe SP16.1
Websphere 3.5.4 on AS400 JAS SP16.1

Not sure if you are interested in making the 400 setup work better or not....we saw very good performance when the JAS server was running on the same 400, since you can use the type 4 JDBC driver. There is a tuning document available for HTML on 400 at: http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/service/erp/jdesupport.htm

It is a little outdated, but still might help. We are updating it and going into more detail in an upcoming redbook. If you would like the info I can probably get a draft document with the updated info.

regarding running on W2K. I don't have as much detail, but we also saw pretty good performance using an Intel webserver against a 400 backend. We used the toolbox JDBC driver that is provided on the 400. I don't know about using weblogic....we used WebSphere 3.53 as the java application server.

Also, since the serialized objects are cached after first use, (per JVM), we didn't see a big difference between storing the serialized objects tables on the enterprise server or on the webserver. Initially the serialized objects were being hit hard and frequently, but with later service packs the access was changed and I think caching works better.

COntact me directly if you would like more info.

Good Luck!

MagerG,

Which setup params do you want to look at? We are running it here. The only difference that we really have then you is we put the java tables on the JAS box.

Robby

XESP17 on NT4/SQL7, XEU3SP18 on W2K/SQL2K, XEU3SP16.1/A73 & JAS on AS400/W2K/SQL7

Back