websphere 5.0 on as/400

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello,

I am in the process of installing WebSphere 5.0 on and AS/400. I downloaded the software from the Edelivery site and got it installed via the setup.exe, which allows you to install software from a PC to the AS/400. Now, I am trying to understand what I need to do to patch it. The MTRs state that the latest versions supported are:

WebSphere Application Server Base Cumulative fix 12 (WAS BASE 5.0.2.12)

· WebSphere Application Server Enterprise Edition Cumulative fix 6 (PME 5.0.2.6)

How exactly do I: 1. find these, I understand they are probably PTFs, but how do I find which PTFs I need, I have looked all over the IBM website, and I can't fins anything. 2. How do I patch it to just these levels. I did find 1 web page, but it was about 5.0.2.14.

Thanks,

You'll need to either use the IBM automated PTF site, or just order the Group PTFs. You'll need to be careful, because the latest group from IBM will be later and greater. thus a call is probably the best bet. Tell them you are a JDE.PlPfst.Oracle WAS for E1 user and per MTFs need the group for 5.0.2 Or, you may get the PTF CDROM from Oracle I would think. Post back. I got it from either JDe or IBM after is was old.

Thanks for your response... I contacted IBM and they are telling me they can only send me the latest and greatest. I opened up a call with PSFT, but they haven't gotten back to me. I have called them many times throughout the day but I keep getting "Your support person is unavailable", I left a message each time I called them, and had them bump up the priority.

As far as the MTRs are concerned, IBM is telling me that there is no PME for iSeries, there is only base. So, I would really like to speak with PSFT, if only they would call me back.

Thanks,

We just had the same issue. The lastest PTF loaded 5.0.2.13 so we opened up a call with JDE Support. It took a while but here's what they sent:

-----------
<font color="blue"> You do not need to role back the WebSphere Fix pack you installed. Even though we say in the MTRs that we only support WAS 5.0.2.12 and 5.0.2.6 but for the AS/400 it is different. We automatically support the latest group PTFs for WebSphere. Therefore, the WebSphere version 5.0.2.13 is supported on iSeries. If you get any issues with it, please open a new case with us and if required, we will open a PMR with IBM and work closely with them for a solution.
</font>
-----------

I hope this answers your queston.

[ QUOTE ]
I opened up a call with PSFT, but they haven't gotten back to me. I have called them many times throughout the day but I keep getting "Your support person is unavailable", I left a message each time I called them, and had them bump up the priority.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee Matthew,

If you had TomorrowNow support, they would have gotten back to you by now. I guess we can't all be that lucky...
tongue.gif

{ok, cheap shot, funny, but cheap!!
grin.gif
)

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Contact your account exec at Oracle, have them escalate the call or put you in touch with the escalation manager at Oracle for your area.

Hello all,

Thank you for your responses. Yes, official word from ORCL support is that they will support 5.0.2.14, but only on the iSeries...Took them forever to get back to us.

Thanks again.

Back