Web front-end to World (DREAM writer, Worldwriter, RPG, everything)

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
A user would like for me to develop a web-based front-end to JDE World DREAM writer, Worldwriter, RPG, everything), so that web browser users can modify DREAM writer Data selections and DREAM writer processing options, and submit that job with his criteria.
User does not want to sign with character-based 5250 data stream. I think this is not an easy project? You?

You may want to look into some of the products that purport provide a web interface to 5250 apps. ERP2WEB is one, I believe looksoftware is another. But these may be overkill for the limited purpose of front ending a dreanwriter. And I would suspect your end user would still have to logon, even if the screen is HTML.

We have a World web front end that has been used for many such purposes, even front ending all of sales order entry. The middleware component may be all you require....much cheaper than ERP2Web and a tool set that can be utilized for other tasks as well. (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDWvxGb9D_0 for a World customer testimonial video)

Back