Web error

ralphm

When adding jounal entries in P0911 we are getting a Date - For G/L (and Voucher) - Julian is invalid message. Basically the G/L date from the form header is not being populated to the grid. Normally not a major problem except it is working fine in all thick environments and working fine in thin dev and train. It is not working in thin prod and uat. Does anyone out there have any idea what this could be. By the way all environments are on both our web servers and I have accessed both servers in dev and prod and dev works and prod does not.

Ralphm,

We have had similar strange errors happen occaisionally only to a web environment. I don't have any experience with a two or more web server configuration as we only have one. But I have a couple of questions and possible action to fix the problem. Though I have no suggestions as to the cause.

Firstly, you mentioned that everything is OK on a thick in prod. Generally the thick is a slightly different environment. The web version of prod environment will have all bsfns etc set to run on a server whereas the normal version of the prod environment will have the bsfns etc set to run locally. Have you tested the thick on exactly the same environment as used on the web? Is everything OK there?

Presuming everything is OK, which is in line with our experience of this type of problem, we regenerated the application in question and that fixed the problem.

I hope this is of some help.

We regenerated the whole build and it did not work. We even regenerated a previous build from when we knew there was no error and it still did not work. We have raised a call with Oracle - fingers crossed.

A few months back we had similar problem. I had applied an ESU that added a new business function. For some reason the package build didn't add the BSFN to the server package. To remedy it I assembled/built and deployed a new server package with the missing BSFN .

We have now fixed this problem. Someone had changed the default value of the data dictionary item DGJ to 'TODAY' we have changed it back to 'no default value' and this fixed the problem after building and generating.

Back
Top Bottom