Warehousing Putaway Instructions

JSBarras

JSBarras

Good day;
I'm lookin for a warehousing set up Guru.

I have a set up issue where I have instructions for put away set up to put PL's away to a specific set of warehouse locations. My final instruction line is for a CS UOM in the same process group but this is intended for WO completions that are not of full pallet quantity. These are directed to a "REPACK" type area for parts and are intended to build up until there are enough cases to build a full PL. This all works extremely well, until our warehouse gets full for complete pallets. What I am struggling with is that once out of options, the full pallets are then directed to the part pallet locations and being split between two locations under one STUN. Our RF system does not handle this well. Is anyone aware of a way I can stop the fulls from going to these locations intended for parts once we are full? I would prefer they go to "Overflow" before going to the parts locations.

Any help would save my soul.

JSBarras

Attachments

• 83271-Put Inst.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 148
Hi,
I am sure that there is more than one way to handle this - but maybe a quick solution would be to add another characeristic to your location characteristics group (say PART), and then on your randon putaway rules say location NE PART.

Hope this helps, but I will have a think if there are any other ways of doing this.

Warm regards

Peter

Greetings,

You may want to review/test the flag settings on your instruction table to
stop breaking down a large UOM (pallets into cases). It also sounds like
you have a clear division between OPs and WOs. You could have them point to
different tables of instruction based solely on their order group.

Regards,

Steven Langley

Peterban, thanx for the reply.

I have not done alot of setup that includes Not Equal to's. The locations I want full PL's to go to fall into a random rule table the same as the zone you see in the instructions I attached. The locations I want the less than full PL's to go to fall into a random rule table of "PARTPL".

Where would I need the NE? on the PL lines or the CS line or a different instruction completely?

Does this question make sense?
JSBarras :eek:

I've tried to use the suggestions from above to no avail, does anyone have a little more detail or ideas that might work?

JSBarras.

The way I would do it is to add a new instruction line between your last PL line and the CS line. This new line would also be for PL but would use a rule to direct straight to your overflow location.
This is the simplest way to acheive what you describe.

Back