Voucher Match with Credit PO Receipt

tboat00

tboat00

Well Known Member
I am looking for any feedback on this 3-way voucher match issue. I purchase order with a credit balance was received in full creating a credit receipt. During the voucher match processing, there were 4 vouchers created each with a portion of the credit amount associated with it eventually accounting for the total credit balance. The problem came up with the journal entries that were created for each of the credit vouchers. The RNV account is credited with the total amount of the receipt and the expense account from the original PO is debited with the difference of the receipt and the vouchered amount. It is as if because we are dealing with a credit voucher amount, the program is performing the same journal entry creation routine as if the line was closed with a '7' on the option line with each voucher. It is performing variance amount processing even though we are not closing the line. This overstates the expense account by the variance from each of these 4 vouchers. Can anyone shed some light on why the journal entry would be putting money back to the expense account without the line being closed out on the voucher?

BTW, the order line type file has 'N' in the variance field to signify that a variance should be placed back onto the expense account from the po, not into the variance G/L account. That is why I believe the credit balance may be making the program do the variance processing without the line beng closed.

Back