Vertex userid on AS400

Todd Rorie

We had an issue with connecting to Vertex on the 400 for several months. After many failed attempts to get this resolved, PSFT found an old issue on the old KG site (of course they couldn't find anything on their own site either :) that had us change the NETJOBD job description to user JDE. This did resolve the issue but to me it is a workaround since each time I install a SP it changes the userid back to OneWorld. And of course Vertex is broken. If we use the OneWorld id for NETJOBD and in P7308, interims will calculate taxes but not payroll. Only when changing everything to JDE will both interims and payroll calculate taxes. Has anyone else run into this? Surely there is someone out there that has this running using the default OneWorld ID so that custom changes don't have to be reimplemented over and over. Thanks for your help.

Hi Todd, P7308 is exactly how we communicate Data Source, Server, User Id, and Password plus taking the row exit for AS400 Library location of the Vertex Application. We created multiple Vertex environments to properly isolate production from development, so keeping that straight for PROD, CRP & DEV proved challenging but never have had a problem with an update messing with these settings. Where exactly did you have to change NETJOBD? It's been a while since I've had to set this stuff up but I don't recall NETJOBD. For the user VERTEXADMT on the AS400 we're using the default JOBD QGPL/QDFTJOBD.

Thanks Allison. PSFT had us change the job description for the NETJOBD job to user JDE on the 400. Out of the box and with service packs, this user id is OneWorld. If I use the OneWorld id, only interims will calculate taxes. It sounds as if your NETJOBD on your 400 is using OneWorld and you don't have the issue. Which is where I want to get. Can we compare settings in all the different areas and see if I can't get mine where I want it?

Todd,

We just went through this pain. I don't know what quantum release your on but here is what we found;
1. The user that created the collection must be the user and password in the connection. Both the used ID and password must be in caps.
2. If your not using the sales tax function, you must remove the default tax library.
3. If the connection fails, you may need to change the password setting on the 400 to be all caps as that is what OneWorld is expecting.

We have followed these three steps and have been able to successfully connect each time. If you have additional questions, send a request.

Todd Rorie <[email protected]> wrote:
We had an issue with connecting to Vertex on the 400 for several months. After many failed attempts to get this resolved, PSFT found an old issue on the old KG site (of course they couldn't find anything on their own site either :) that had us change the NETJOBD job description to user JDE. This did resolve the issue but to me it is a workaround since each time I install a SP it changes the userid back to OneWorld. And of course Vertex is broken. If we use the OneWorld id for NETJOBD and in P7308, interims will calculate taxes but not payroll. Only when changing everything to JDE will both interims and payroll calculate taxes. Has anyone else run into this? Surely there is someone out there that has this running using the default OneWorld ID so that custom changes don't have to be reimplemented over and over. Thanks for your help.
Todd Rorie Technical/CNC Manager Nashville, TN. EnterpriseOne 8.9; Svrs: AS400, Windows; Clients: Windows, WepShere Portal

I've searched JDELIST and this "thread" seems to be the closest to our issue. I hope someone can point us in the right direction.
I've only been working with Vertex for a few days so I hope I describe this correctly.

Our issue is that we cannot process pre-payroll UBE's with any other user other than JDE and for obvious reason we need to be able to do this with several unique users profiles.

When we run the Vertex DIAGNOS utility, we can connect to Vertex only as the user who signed on to OS/400, ie: JDE can touch the database signed on as JDE but TEST1 cannot signed on as JDE.

Sign on as user PROLL and it works perfect for PROLL but no other user profiles.

Any ideas are more than welcomed. Please let me know if you need more details from us.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

OS/400 V5R2, XE SP22 XU7, Vertex 2.5.4, World A73 Cum. 11

I am working on a secondary install of Vertex today (I hope) to try and address this. To date, the user that created the collection, the user that starts the E1 services on the 400 and the SystemID all have to match in order for Vertex to calculate properly. According to the response I got in this thread, it should work with a custom ID and any System ID I want to use. I will let you know what I find out.

Just an update on this post in case someone else is running into this. We finally got it resolved.

Solution: Edit the JDE.INI file on the 400. Under the AS400 stanza, set UseAS400Security=TRUE.

I can now use the ONEWORLD id to start the kernel processes and any user I wish in P7308 as long as it has proper access to the Vertex libraries.

Back