Using Multi-Format Flat Files in Table Conversion

rogerwilkouk

rogerwilkouk

I have a table conversion program which is pulling a multi-format flat file (simple text file).
I have specified the pathcode and file name in the Input Selection and named and defined the 4 formats from the file.
When I run the conversion in debug the code never goes to the Format Fetched section of each format (just goes through the row fetched). I have code in each format's event rules as per the instructions but to no avail.
When I put code in the Row Fetched, it reads this and it is finding the file and selecting the records but seems to only find the format input column of each record (no other Input column parameters are passed).
The column seperator is ^ if this makes any difference.

I went through all the steps of the defining the file format as per the helps etc. but other than that I can't seem to find much information in the way of multi-format files to point me in the right direction.

We are running Xe (SP 23) on an AS400

I finally solved the issue. In the Format definitions, I hadn't specified the right Designators. I had updated the name of the designator but not the actual designator itself.

Back