User Security in Server Manager

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Hello,

We want to give some users (developers) access to view the logs via Server Manager, but we don't want them to have access to change ANYTHING. I have almost gotten it, I have locked down changing anything by creating a new group called DEVELOPER and only granting it the ViewGroupMembers permission. This keeps many of the links from showing up, and allows the users to view the logs. However, to enable access to Server Manager, I must give both the console_user and Developer groups to the user. The one thing this DOES allow the users access to is the Managed Software link. This does allow the users to delete software components that have been uploaded. I would like to prevent this, but I don't see how I can do that. If they did get deleted, we can simply upload them again, but I would rather just restrict the users from seeing this at all..

Does anyone knwo how to get around this?

Thanks,
Matthew

Since the viewing of uploaded software components is basically a directory listing of the jde_home\components directory, you could just move the contents to another directory (say jde_home\components_save) when you're not using them, and then just move them back when you need them. It's a bit more work for you, but at least the software components wouldn't be deleted.

Back