User Reserved Codes

mjb

My Problem is a lengthy Order number (15 bytes) long.

Technically I have two order numbers a short number and long number. The requirement is the use of the long number on the Invoice for customer reference.

I have found two User Reserved codes SDURRF and SHURRF that are Sales order reserved codes 15bytes long.

My question is how do I populate these fields with the long order number such that I have a 1:1 relationship with the short order number. ( Like a description of short number). All JDE Processing will refer to the short order number generated or key in JDE.

How do I get these fields in SO header and Detail entry forms to manually enter orders? And if I do this will I be able to print this long number on the Invoice for our customer to reference.

John B.

Hi John

User reserved fields (URRF inyour case) are often used to record non standard data. However you need a programmer to modify Sales Order entry and all reports on which you wish to show these elements (the mod is of medium difficulty).

Is there any way you could use an existing field to record the 'Long Sales No'. The field that immediately springs to mind is VR01. This field is normally used for Customer PO, but in your case may well be used for the long order number. It is also shown on the invoice.

Good luck,

Back