E9.2 URL parameters on an outbound REST call

O gosh, OAuth can be very very hairy if you are stuck using some of the crazier flows. We had to install java libs so that we could generate and properly encrypt the JWT Bearer token so we could call the DocuSign APIs properly downstream, without hardcoding or manual token generation. It was quite hairy to figure out. There are simpler oauth implementations and hopefully you need to implement one of those instead!

For good documents and reading on OAUTh I can't recommend auth0's documents enough. https://auth0.com/docs/get-started/...zation-flow/which-oauth-2-0-flow-should-i-use . If you wanted to get a book or watch a video, look up Aaron Parecki who I consider to be the Carl Sagan or Neil DeGrasse Tyson of OAuth2 https://aaronparecki.com/

As to building out a path with param substitution, it's much easier than figuring out oauth :D

Here I have an orch component called a Connector where I parameterized everything after the HTTPS://. You add path parameters by adding a new line under pathing, and use the dollar sign curly brackets to show the component what to expose as a component input var. You can do static pathing in between your params as well. You can see that the preview URL shows a slash between the 2 path params. You don't need to add slashes if you use one param per line.
1688998046106.png

Using the pathing works well to create a complex URL. Thanks, again Dave. You're a one man support operation for us out here. I owe you beverage(s) of your choice....

Believe it or not, I got OAUTH to work by completely removing any set up for it in ORCH. I know it makes perfect sense. I set up the connection in the typical way with nothing extra specified. The URL of the connection was a base URL which included everything up to the point where we need some substitution which forms the complex URL. To handle that, I use pathing in the connector just like Dave suggested. Next, in the headers of the connector, I added an entry for "Authorization" and set the value to "Bearer ${token}". I tested it and I was amazed that it actually worked. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Back