Uploading journal entries from excel

DK218

We are on JDE World version 9.1 and would like to upload our journal entries from excel. Do you know if this is possible and if so, does anyone have the procedure for this? Any information you can supploy on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We are on A9.1 also and we have some users taking a spreadsheet from excel and importing it into the JDE J/E screen to create journal entries for thei r employee pay.
I have a word document that explains how they are to do this and could talk to you about this if you would email me directly.

Jim

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Beh alf Of DK218
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 4:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Uploading journal entries from excel

We are on JDE World version 9.1 and would like to upload our journal entrie s from excel. Do you know if this is possible and if so, does anyone have t he procedure for this? Any information you can supploy on this would be gre atly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: RE: Uploading journal entries from excel

We're doing this as well, and have developed a program, implemented as a hidden selection, which creates the IFS folder share, and maps a PC drive to that share.
Those steps are required to implement this, and the program eliminates having to do this for the user.

Dear Jim/EmmanuelW,

Could you please send me your documentation to me as well?

My email address : [email protected]

Thank you very much in advance.
Best Regards,
Ozgur

Ozgur,

The process is fairly straightforward.
First, the user running the hidden selection is retrieved, and is used to populate a variable that contains the IFS folder to be created (we use /home/user_id).
Next, the folder is created and changed to CCSID 437.
Next, the folder just created is shared using the QZLSADFS API. Then, using STRPCO, STRPCCMD, the "net use" DOS command is executed on the user's PC to map a persistent drive letter to the newly shared IFS folder (the user was prompted for the drive letter to use). Finally, an update program is run to populate file F00921T with the user ID and their IFS folder, as this is used by the JDE upload/download process.

Dear Jim/EmmanuelW,
Requesting you to send me too the documents asap as this assignment I need to be done in my curent project soon.
Thanks in advance!

My Email Id: [email protected]

Regards!
Deepak Mishra

Back