Upgrading Xe to 8.10 and how security is effected

Dan Campanelli

We are preparing to upgrade from EnterpriseOne Xe to 8.10. In Xe we have users and groups with 99% of security applied to the groups. What happens during the upgrade process with security? Is there something I have to do prior to the upgrade to ensure we have role based security when the upgrade is complete? Also, is there a document anywhere that might address this issue?

01-10-05

Daniel:

I took the Security Principles class for 8.10. You should ask for Security
Principles September 2003 - REL9ET18. Don't know if they will give you a
free copy or not.

Hi Dan,

I just finshed the first phase of my Xe to 8.10 Upgrade. The process does copy over your F00950 records properly.

Now the Process will create all your groups in Xe as Roles in 8.10. There are some Post upgrade TC's that you must run in order to associate your users with the corresponding roles. It will associate the users with the same group they had in Xe.

Once this is done, all your security should work fine.

If you have any *Public application security records for applications like P0092,P00950 etc..you might wanna delete those records just before your upgrade and after your Initial Tasks workbench has run you can set it back (in Xe)

Else what happens is that the user PSFT is blocked from these applications.

A big let down in 8.10 is that you cant add sign on security records (P98OWSEC) role wise, like you could do Group wise in Xe. You have to enter each users record seperately. The application does allow you to enter the records role wise , but it does'nt work. Some sorta bug I guess. Any one else seen this.?

Back