Upgrading to SQL 2005 question

gregglarkin

gregglarkin

Legendary Poster
List,

We are upgrading our production database from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 this weekend. Just so I don't miss a step, what do I need to do to change over my Websphere web server to point to a SQL 2005 database?

Release: XE
Enterprise server Service Pack: SP 23 V1
Web server service pack: SP 23 X1
Current Database: MS SQL 2000
New Database: MS SQL 2005

The database upgrade is on the current servers, so no new datasources need to be defined.

Upgrade items?
SQL 2005 jars
JAS.INI connect statement - what is the correct syntax for sql 2005?
Restart webserver

Am I missing anything?

- Gregg

One follow up item in response to an IM from a friend. this post is in regards to JUST the minor configuration changes required for changing Websphere 6.0 from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. That's one of the very minor steps. We have been testing SQL 2005 against our PY and DV environments for eight months. My challenge on the webserver is that Websphere doesn't like to talk to SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 at the same time. Which in my current configuration (PY business data on SQL 2005 and System tables on SQL 2000) I was unable to test.

- Gregg

White paper attached.

Attachments

• 151594-Implementing SQL Server 2005 JDBC Drivers.pdf
    375.1 KB · Views: 290
SP3 with latest cumlative update. They broke forward cursors and then fixed them after SP3.

Our biggest problem with that process was due to 2005's passwords are now case sensitive. So the System Password assigned to each user was invalid, so we ended up re-entering the sys password for each login.

Back