Updation of Data Selection in TAM files

Parri

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we need to update via code(C- business Function) the data selection of an object version based on the data selection of another version of the same object. Since the data selection is stored in the TAM files under the BLOB, is there any standard BSFN and API set which can be used to read and update the TAM Files or is there any other wayout to do the same activity? Please, advise.

Thanks,

Ripsy

Well, there are API's to work with TAM files...the names of which depend on the E1 release you're working with.

I don't think it's generally a good idea to do what you're asking, especially based on your requirement:

[ QUOTE ]
update ... the data selection of an object version based on the data selection of another version of the same object

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't you just copy the version to another version? Unless I'm missing your point, I don't understand the need for code to do the work.

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply.

We have a scenario where in we need to restore the data selection of a selected version into all the versions belonging to that particular object. We need to restore only the data selection property keeping rest all properties of the version intact. Hence, copying and creating a new version may not be successful everytime.

Could you please, let me know where I can look for the API list for TAM file updates for E9.0 release.

Thanks.

Just check out each version, change the data selection and check back in. Unless you have over 10,000 versions to fix this is probably going to be quicker and safer than trying to roll your own TAM spec editor.

As Brian pointed out, I think the effort involved and the potential for corrupting your specs may be larger than trying to manually 'fix' your versions.

But if a custom solution is necessary, take a look at all API's where the name begins with "jdeSpec". You can find examples of their use in base code.

Thanks Jeremy,

I do understand your point, but is there a way to update only the values corresponding to the data selections. Is there any API or BSFN which would help us in reading the meta data for the data selection?

Thanks

Back