Unable to log in after 8.97 install

m@dm@x

m@dm@x

Well Known Member
Folks,
I just finished installing 8.97 on my Lab Deployment Server and AS/400 Enterprise server. I am now unable to log into my DEP810 Environment. This upgrade is from 8.94.

I'm able to start the services on the 400 but I'm receiving errors in the security kernel log. "Failed to select from F986101" and "'JDEK_DispatchSecurity' returned failure on eNetDispatchInit".

When I attempt to log into the Deployment server I receive, "Unable to locate Security Server" as well (This does not surprise me).

I know that the Encryption has changed for user passwords and from what I've read I should only be concerned about that if I want to use multifoundation. There is mention of applying an ESU but that was for only 8.9.

I've opened a ticket with Oracle but it often takes those days to respond and I really want to get this into my lab environment by Friday. I'm sure I'm missing something; can anyone here give me some words of wisdom?

We are on e810 and using a 400 as our Enterprise server. I submitted the security logs along with the client debug.

Max

Attachments

• 150453-JDE_044172.doc
    120.5 KB · Views: 454
Hi,

Have you applied latest ESU Planner and ran all the
special instructions?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Have you applied latest ESU Planner and ran all the
special instructions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression from the documentation that I did not have to install the latest Planner ESU. I will download the latest ESU. However, will I be able to install it now that I can't log into the system? Will I have to set the security server to None in the INI?

Max

Considering that you are coming from 8.94, you should not have to bother with the password encryption at all. This was an issue from the time of SP22, and is in the neighborhood of 7 years old.

For the time being, try to log into the DEP810 environment without the SecurityServer line on. This will limit you to logging in as JDE, and we'll see if there are any issues with that.

[ QUOTE ]
Considering that you are coming from 8.94, you should not have to bother with the password encryption at all. This was an issue from the time of SP22, and is in the neighborhood of 7 years old.

For the time being, try to log into the DEP810 environment without the SecurityServer line on. This will limit you to logging in as JDE, and we'll see if there are any issues with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can log into DEP810 without the security line present.

I'm going to try to kick off a full build to test that. I'm sure it will fail on the server but at least I can test the client build.

Max

Hi,

HAve you checked the MTRs for 8.97?
Are you on a supported OS? What about PTFs, MTRs, CUMs, etc?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

HAve you checked the MTRs for 8.97?
Are you on a supported OS? What about PTFs, MTRs, CUMs, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

My AS/400 Admin assures me that he has taken us to the appropriate levels. I know we are on 5.4 and the correct PTF levels.

Well, the client package build completed without any errors. The Server is building now and could take most of the day to finish. It's an old 400.

With that said, I'm still waiting for Oracle to contact me in regards to the security server issue.

Max

Hi,

Are you able to ping the Enterprise server by both
name and address from your server?
Do you have any firewall blocking JDE ports
(6014 for E812, 6015 for E900)?
Sometimes, a wrong HOSTS setting can arise some
tricky JDE networking issues like the one you're describing.

I would say that your main concern is the SQL0204 errors in your logs. These generally point to *SQLPKG problems on your AS/400, usually either bad OW###### SQL packages in QRECOVERY, or missing or bad QSQLPKG2 and QSQXDPKG SQL packages in QSYS.

If the latter, then you can either:

- Restore from a backup
- Copy them from another system with V5R4
- FTP them from IBM and restore them to your AS/400. This site (link) has copies specifically for V5R4.

Back