Unable to locate table in specified datasource for section

ChrisPH

I created 16 UBE's that do quite the same and all run normally in general. BUT every now and then and not at the same time 2 of them go into error when submitted via the scheduler. I now what is the issue. Those 2 reports have a data selection (programmed in the init section) on a date (RV variable) that is filled in the same init section using the system date and subtracts a number of days (which are setup in the Processing Options). I found that there are issues in some releases with this and that sometimes it doesn't find the system date and that causes the data selection to mess up with the result that you get the error as above.
Who knows how to solve this issue by programming?

Thanks in advance for your trouble!!

Chris,

You do not provide any information as to your system configuration. Please ALWAYS provide this information when requesting help, as it provides a context for the problem and can be pivotal in the provision of assistance. For example in the assistance below, you may or may not have the option for "null date" in the if statement, depending on the version of E1 you are using.

The simple solution is to check that the variable which contains the system date has a valid date (if <date variable> not equal to null date) if it does not, either load the variable again or abort (stop batch processing). If you retry, you'll have to put that in a loop with a predetermined limit of retries before aborting, to avoid any chance of an infinite loop.

Hello Peter,

This does the trick. Simple and effective enough.
Thanks for your input!

Back