UDC Question

JDEWarrior

Hi,

I have a custom DD item for different systems and the Visual assist property is ON for this dd item. In one of my Fix Inspect and Find Browse form I am trying to add a condition/filter under the visual assist clicked event to show only the "System code" that is being passed and accordingly I want to include a filter in my search & select form.

I have included the system code (SY) DD item as one of the key in my custom table but I could not able to see this as a FI parameter in my calling application. Anyone has a suggestion for this, please advice.....

Regards
I am using the system code (SY) DD item in my custom Search & Select application as

You can override Visual Assist on the Form Control - double click the control (dd item) -> properties, overrides, Visual Assist ...
Have a good fight, JDEWarrior, and may JDEForce be with you!

Hello,

Another way to go is to use "Supress Default Visual Assist Form" one the "Visual Assist Button Clicked" event on your form control.
Doing this you can call directly the "Search and Select" form (via Form Interconnect) passing the desired filter information (you should alter the "Database Structure" on that form prior to calling it).
Remember that Search & Select forms only return information on the First field of the data structure, regardless of table keys.
Use "Set Selection" on the "Find" button of the form and you'll get the filter working.

Hope it helps.
Good luck.

Back