UBE Performance - R4101Z1I and R47121

hari426

Hi All

We are currently doing a Migration of data from other system into JDE where we need to populate the data from Foreign table to JDE. Further we need to migrate 4 million of Items into F4101Z1 file via TC and later run R4101Z1I in order to create the Item information in Item master file. The items that we need to create would be around 4 million.

We are also interested to know on JDE EnterpriseOne E1 8.12/8.97,how much time Item Master Inbound Transaction Process program (R4101Z1I) would process from interface tables to base tables.

It will be helpful for us if anyone who has this data can share it with us .Further request you to suggest us the batch process Performance tuning and rough performance figures for standard batch processes used for bulk load transfer(4 Million) from Z tables/EDI files

We need to follow the same process even for generating Item Branch/Item Location/Item ledger by running R47121

Appreciate your help

Sai
EnterpriseOne E8.12/TR8.97
Oracle 9i/Windows 2003

Hi,

I am afraid this type of exercise has many, many variables, so a simple estimate of performance is likely to be of little value - your best bet would be to undertake some trial runs in a configuration as close as possible to the one you will be using.

Sorry if I am not contributing much, but I have been involved in some large data migration exercises, and
I really think making any decisions on performance data from other people's systems (unless analysed in deep detail) is likely to cause more confusion than clarity.

Regards,
Tony

Back