Tree Structure *DELETED*

Re: Tree Structure

Badri,

For your question the answer is : this is a nice function with a nice name and a nice location in the NER function tools !!!

OK, I'm sure this is not the answer your are looking for and let me give a advise. User on JDEList are normaly people 'working with the software' that mean if they answer to your question they will do it on there business time. Ok what my point? nobody on JDEList will see your question and say 'WOW let give Badri EVERYHING that I know about those functions even if I don't realy know what's his question'

I think Badri that you got my point. What is it exactly that you expect from those functions, maybe somebody don't have time to tell you about ALL functions but enought time to tell you about the one that you need.

Christian Audet

*** SHARED KNOWLEDGE = BETTER KNOWLEDGE ***

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP16.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Hi to Chris & All,
First of all let me say sorry for being nonspecific.As you know it was not purposeful,I am very new to this topic.I wanted to know what is the difference between a Tree Structure Business Function and a usual NER Business Function? Is there any difference in the creation process or does it differ only in their logics?What are the tasks handled by a Tree Structure BF?Please let me know ,because I tried in the documentation and couldnt find.Any help would be really appreciated as this is my one and only place where I could communicate with experienced consultants.Thanks in advance.

Badri

Hi Badri,

Just a quick question.

Where have you read or heared about "Tree Structure Business Function" (vs. "usual NER Business Function")?

This type of something is really unknown for me.

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Badri,

Are you talking about the "system function" :

contract tree node,
delete tree node,
expand tree node,
Get node information,
etc...

If yes, then they are usefull (not to say required) when using a parent child form.

When you say "other type of NER" then I really don't understand what you mean. Is it Business Function versus System function or what ?

Please be more specific, since we are going nowhere trying helping you.

Christian Audet

*** SHARED KNOWLEDGE = BETTER KNOWLEDGE ***

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP16.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Tree Structure

Hello Zoltan,
One of my friend was talking about it.I dont have much Idea,I am sorry.Also may i know what you mean by "tree structure" in JDE?

Thanks
Badri

Hi Chris,
Thanks a lot for your reply.I dont have any specific Idea,I am really sorry.I thought it is some sort of BF and have some specific functionalities.Am sorry If I have wasted your time.
Regards
Badri

Hi Badri,

Thanks for the update and (I previiously forgot it) Welcome to the JDEList Forums!

My supposition is that your friend was talking about "System Function" instead of "Business Function". Hopefully you already know what is the diffence between this two.
Yes, there are a "Tree" category amoung interactive system function which can be used to manage the nodes and tree structure of a "Tree Control" type control on a Form in an Interactive application.

The "Tree Control" type control is a very special one and I have to tell the truth that I have never used them up to know.

If you are new in designing interactive applications then you can forget them for a while in good conscience.

Read you later!

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Thank You Very Much,I really appreciate the help from you guys.
See you later
Badri

Back