Transportation routing report

Adrian_Chimirel

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Hi,
We need a report to show the routing info (especially mode of transportation, distance, carrier, rate, charges) based on origin and destination.
The scope is to determine the most efficient combination of carriers rates for a route from say Vancouver to Tokyo.
The closest thing is P4980 Work With Routing Options, but it is based on an existing Shipment Number.
We need the report to show us the routing options including multiple legs (intermodal).
Thank you,

That's not exactly true. P4980 may appear to work by shipment, but the underlying routing/rating is independent of shipment. If you have your routes/rates set up you can invoke the BSFNs to return base rates by MOT using the origin and destination. The app is simply built on a cache. Pressing the Find in there just changes the display of cache records.

I wrote a program that did this exact thing for a lumber company, but it was part of SO Entry. They needed route and rate before entering the sales order. Of course that was rail car/TL based, so LTL and weight considerations didn't really apply since they were generally fixed. Intermodal isn't terribly hard either, if you have everything set up properly (insert sales pitch for Advanced Logistics Consulting).

I've also written interfaces to Logility, Sterling, and several other Tran systems that handle routing/load efficiency. Parcel, of course, is straight forward for UPS, Fedex, USPS. cZar and PCMiler can also come in handy for near real-time rates and distance.

I am not sure what to make out of your reply: were you trying to help me solving the request?
Sorry, it didn't work. Actually I am more confused now. Maybe I'm getting old.

[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody dealt with this type of request?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

tongue.gif

Back