E9.0 Transport Mode

Julici

Hi,

I'm new to using JDE, I have a consolidated shipment for the same carrier. We packed the products but when cartonising and producing labels some of the products jumped shipment as the mode of transport 1 by sea instead 3 by road.

The carrier has 2 routes code with #805
-route #1683 Mode of transport 1 for sea
&
-route #1577 Mode of transport 3 for road

How or where can I find out why a SO has selected mode of transport 1 by sea and the rest of the Sales orders mode of transport 3 by road?
We have all shipped with the same carrier for the same ship address.

Thanks

Hello Steve,

Please can you brief how frieght charges are calculated in sales order with transport module.

Share simple example showing rates, look typ1 look type 2 and routing

Regards

Hi,

I'm new to using JDE, I have a consolidated shipment for the same carrier. We packed the products but when cartonising and producing labels some of the products jumped shipment as the mode of transport 1 by sea instead 3 by road.

The carrier has 2 routes code with #805
-route #1683 Mode of transport 1 for sea
&
-route #1577 Mode of transport 3 for road

How or where can I find out why a SO has selected mode of transport 1 by sea and the rest of the Sales orders mode of transport 3 by road?

Thanks
....some of the products jumped shipment as the mode of transport 1 by sea instead 3 by road.
A: If you check the Sales Ledger you should see which lines jumped shipment and what program/process triggered this. Changing dates, times, branches, +++ can cause shipment splitting. Compare your before and after sales ledger records to help identify what else changed when shipment number changed.

A: You decide how you want the software to automatically route based on your transportation preferences. Least Cost, Fastest, Best Rated,... If least cost, the mix of products on different shipments can cause the software to route to different MOT's due to cost efficiencies/deficiencies.

A: You may need to tighten up your processes if you are sending goods with carrier regardless of what the software says. Its messy to fix. At Freight Update, if Autopay is turned on, Voucher would be created for wrong Carrier and if not Freight Matching process also expects that Carrier is correct.

Back