Tools Release Upgrade on Standalone client

wadie

Well Known Member
Hello list,

I was wondering whether it's possible to perform a tools release upgrade on a standalone client? Or do you need to download the new standalone client with that tools release?

I looked for information on this issue, but couldn't find any... Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

I don't think this is done very often, which is why you probably can't find much reference to it. How easy/simple it is depends on which release you are trying to update.

On 8.10 and before, you could do it without much fuss. You'd have to uncompress everything, and copy the contents of the SYSTEM folder into your StandAlone directory's SYSTEM folder.

If you're looking at a StandAlone with HTML, like 8.11 or 8.12, then you've got other issues. You'd also have to get the new Tools Release's web server installed, and regenerate all the serialized objects. I have never tried this myself, and I'm not sure if the JAS component will install to the StandAlone's directory structure.

I was thinking about upgrading my standalone 8.12 TR 8.96 to TR 8.97

I'll give it a try and let you know the result
smile.gif

wadie: i've tried to do the exact same thing the other day (upgrade 8.12 demo from tr 8.96 to 8.97) after attending a tr 8.97 briefing where somone told us it should be possible, but i didn't succeed. so if you succeed, plz let us know how you did it. thanx.

The 8.12 Standalone has been remastered with 8.97 Tools and is available on eDelivery. Not sure if you can upgrade the tools release or not.

Back