Tips/Traps - Flat File Translations

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Working on a Windows Client - creating an FTP Function...

It should be easy enough, right? Build the Script using the B34A1010 Flat File process, then the B34A1030 to call the script - SIMPLE AND DONE...

I kept getting an error when the FTP command would attempt to call the script (FTP -s:FTPScript.TXT). I open the script in Notepad - and it looks PERFECT!

From the DOS Command, open the script file using EDIT and ... and .... WTH??? Space letter space letter space letter space letter....

O P E N
F T P . S E R V E R . C O M
M Y U S E R N A M E
M Y P A S S W O R D

<GRRR - I scream in frustration?>

Using DOS EDIT I remove all the spaces, and the FTP Process works correctly, now.

To Fix:
Fast Path to P93081:
* Create a new entry - using My Username and the Application that will be running the function and CP1252 (a test app, in this case)
* ACTIVATE the new entry (if you don't, nada's gonna visit you for Christmas)
* Log out and back in

Now - all is well. I rerun the the process and... What the Heck - Someone Stole the Grinch (I mean, it's working... now)...

Merry Christmas!

(db)

Dan,

You have re-discovered the unicode problem.

We entered the following flat file encoding entry staight after installing the unicode JDE version when our testing found our flat file processing wasn't working:

User/grooup: *PUBLIC
Environment: *ALL
Program: *DEFAULT
Version: *DEFAULT
Encoding: UTF8

Peter,

I didn't get reacquainted - I just 'half expected' that it had already been configured. Once I saw the issue - I knew exactly where to look.

I didn't do the global (*public) thin, yet - since I reserve that right for the CNC folk
grin.gif

I thought I'd highlight the issue - since I'm aware of S E V E R A L new installs going on, right now.

(db)

Back