Thin Client runnning very slow

ssrini11

I am installing 5.0.2.3(base)+5.0.2.2(enterprise) on a Win2003 server. The database is Oracle 9.2.0.6. The OW version is 8.10, I1. The thin client take about 5 minutes to log in and about the same time to execute any application. It does show the expected data. I have been sreggling to get this resolved with Oracle for over a week now. Reinstalled the websphere a couple of dozen time with all possible combinations of fixpacks(including the latest 11 and 6). The websphere samples run fine. Hence it does appear to be an issue of Websphere with EOne. Any ideas? I have turned the trace and debug on. During the 5-10 minutes the Websphere is spinning to server the page, it does not even talk to the JAS server. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 92441-AS_JS_85_edpcw4.zip
    677.6 KB · Views: 229
Hi You might have a problem with your indexes, or you'll need to update the statistics of your F989998 and F989999 tables. These tables contain many rows, and when the SQL statements are not optimal...... this might take very long time

Although 5 minutes does sound a bit drastic, it is not unusual for a JAS instance to be a bit slow after you restart the services. This is due to the server trying to cache things. You should notice that after a while of it being up and used that the performance should get better.

Also, could you post a copy of you JAS.INI? There are a number of settings within that file that you can tweak to improve performance as well.

Thanks!

Dan

Back