Technical Development Thru Citrix

shiju

Is it possible to do development in Citrix environment? If so how will be the speed? Will it be same as doing it in a fat client incase of check in/out etc..

Hi!
Sorry, but everyone ever told me that is not possible, developmente needs a fat client.
To be onest i never really searched further information about that, i trusted what they told me, but a many people told that...

Nice day!
David

Hi David,

Thanks for the post.
Yeah you can't do development on Citrix. Its dad slow!!!!

Hi David,

Thanks for the post.
Yeah you can't do development on Citrix. Its dead slow!!!!

I suggest you consult the professional thread: "Altquark - Citrix Development" on the Tips and Traps forum.
Warm regards,

It is possible to set up a citrix box to allow development, even multiple developers on one box, I've even heard a rumour that they do this in Denver. However, the set up is a pain to do, and the performance is rather dependent on the server/network. Generally it's easier to set up a fat client and if necessary use remote desktop to access it.

We can do Development thru citrix...
I can say that with 100 % confidence , since i am working in a citrix environment (Development), I cant see much delay inconnectivity, connectivity is also as gud as a fat client.

thanks
gopal.

I've worked remotely - through thin clients... and there is no
difference in productivity than being on-site (machine-wise, anyway).
I've seen up to 11 developers working through a server and it acts
just like I'm on a FAT back at the office.

Check Altquarks threads - or, I can help track down another expert if
you desire.

(db)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:34:35 -0500, Gopal

--

I have personally implemented terminal server development and it is no slower than a fat client connection. In fact, it is usually a better solution than multiple fat clients with remote control software. The big caveat here is that PSFT does not "support" this solution. All that means, though, is if you call in with development issues, you tell them you are on a fat client, if they even ask.

Follow ALTQUARK's guidline, and you should have no problems.

Regards,

Back