Table event rules not showing in jdedebug.log

mvsteen

Checking a jdedebug.log from a production site and a production copy environment for a normal sales order process. Strange difference is that I do not see the table event rules logging (for instance when updating or inserting on the F4211) in the jdedebug.log for the production site. In all our other environments (like the production copy or test, also on citrix) the table event rules are shown. i did check if these TER are not generated on production, this seems out of the question.

I compared the JDE.INI and showed no noticable difference (see beneath the DEBUG bit). Any idea's ?

[DEBUG]
TAMMultiUserOn=1
Output=NONE
ServerLog=0
LEVEL=BSFN,EVENTS
;BSFN,EVENTS,SF_CONTROL,SF_GRID,SF_PARENT_CHILD,SF_GENERAL,SF_MESSAGING,SF_WORKFLOW,SF_WORKFLOW_ADMIN,SF_MEDIA_OBJ
DebugFile=H:\WINDOWS\jdedebug.log
JobFile=H:\WINDOWS\jde.log
Frequency=10000
RepTrace=0
WTSLogs=FALSE

XE SP 22, NT, Unix

Hi,
Normally, to do logging, you should follow: -

Output=FILE
ServerLog=1
LEVEL=BSFN,EVENTS,SF_CONTROL,SF_GRID,SF_PARENT_CHILD,SF_GENERAL,SF_MESSAGING,SF_WORKFLOW,SF_WORKFLOW_ADMIN,SF_MEDIA_OBJ

Maybe, you can try it...DLK.

Hi,
Oops ! Sorry abt my previous msg. This is the setting for the Workstation. So pls leave ServerLog=0 .

You can check the attached file for the full procedure on turning on the logging...DLK

Attachments

• 81570-DebugLogInstr.zip
    105.2 KB · Views: 113
Thank you for that document. The INI file I attached is not related to debug switched on, so therefore
Output=NONE
Serverlog=0

But the LEVEL=BSFN,EVENTS is the same on both production and test, therefore I saw no direct link in showing the table event rules in the log.

Will check on this.

Mike,
It also depends whereabouts the table sits.
If it is a business data table, then you can have the table trigger running locally (on the fat client), and you should see the states as per a normal debug in the jdedebug.log.
If it is a server table (e.g. F986110), then the table trigger is run on the environment pointed to in the jde.ini that the server was started on.
Thus, you would need to put the server into debug, and then look at the debug log on the server.

Cheers,

Peter

Back