System User and Password Problem

gesbos1

All,

We have just recently brought up 8.11 in DV and PY. We have 3 web/dev clients. Testers were in using them for about 3 days, then, all of a sudden out of the blue they started getting the database sign on prompt when signing in, like the system password isn't being passed. Only 2 out of the 3 web/devs started doing this, the 3rd still works fine. When I look at the logs, it looks like Edwards is trying to pass the JDE user name and password instead of the System user name and password. Anybody have a clue what's causing this or how I can fix it?

check the jdbj.ini for databse settings, also make sure jde is a system user i the f98owpu table and also has valied record in the f98owsec table. make sure the password in the jdbj.ini matches the system user password.

Thanks MadMax,

I forgot to mention that this is thru the fat client and not HTML. The HTML works fine and everyone can sign on. It just seems to be from the fat client. I checked those two files you mentioned and everything was in there.

Are they logging in as JDE?? If so, make sure the SecurityServer= entry in the JDE.INI is set...

I would verify the database password on the accounts they are trying to sign in with by testing with a manual DSN or ODBC on the workstaiton that is having the problem. Verify that the database (or system) user can actually connect to the database. If so then verify that the users are mapped correctly to the database user via the P98OWSEC application. Make sure the password in the system user set up is the same as the actual database password. Is it possible their database passwords might have changed? Did their database accounts get removed or changed? Manually verify that all of your DSN's (on the workstation that is having problems) for whatever environment they are signing into work as well. It's possible if they recently received a package that your DSN's may not be matching the deploy server ODBC.ini settings.

Back