SUI

jeremey_garcia

VIP Member
Greetings....I was wondering if anyone has encountered the following issue and if so how they got around it. I have opened a ticket with support on this, as well as having some feelers out to other contacts and was wanting your opinion. Here's the issue.

The entity where I work has broken itself up to many different companies all under the same Federal ID and State Tax ID. It is possible to have an employee split between multiple companies within a SUI reporting period. I.e. move between company 101 and 201. When running the SUI process, the F07880 contains multiple records for that employee because of the different companies. The R07800 shows the employee multiple times for the same reason. However, the flat file only shows one record, as such the flat file total does not match the report total.

I have looked on the knowledge garden and came across solution id 655258.1, which says if you are processing for different companies, then you have to process each company individually. But we are running by tax id. We also have over 100 companies so running by company would be very time consuming. Also, we would have to merge all the individual files into one state file.

We are trying to:
1. Determine if this is an acutal bug
2. If there are any work arounds other then running by individual company

Other steps we have taken:
1. Talked with an HR consultant and they are able to duplicate it
2. Opened with Oracle and they say they are not able to duplicate it.

Here's the example I sent into Oracle:
Emp 1 has SSN 12345678
during Jan and 1st half of February worked in company ABC123 under state tax id of 9876
from 2nd half of February thru March worked in company DEF456 under state tax id of 9876.

In F06136 there are two H records one for company ABC123 and one for company DEF456. Both contain taxes paid for the reporting quarter.

When R078300 runs it enters two records in F07880 because of the company break.

When R07800 runs the report prints two records for Emp 1. When R89078337 runs only 1 record is entered into file F07337 because the same SSN already exists

Thanks for your input.

Update:

JDE was able to duplicate the issue and I am now awaiting to see where they want to go with this.

Back