Subledgers and F0902

dbwiser

Our company is currently posting work order numbers in the subledger field. We are going through hundreds of work orders per month. These work orders are generally used once and closed. Now the problem: The subledger field is a key field in the F0902 Account Balances and therefore the system is writing about 16 lines to the F0902 for every workorder. This by itself is causing the F0902 to mushroom in size. Yesterday we realized that when we run the annual close, the system will create new lines with the new fiscal year for each of these subledger lines. We have about decided to stop using the subledger field for the workorder number but still need visibility to the workorder number in the general accounting side of the house. We were thinking about using REF1 or REF2 to store the number since both of these are queryable from the Account Ledger Inquiry. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get them there automatically. I could use flex accounting but that will only allow me to put them in the BP, Subsidiary, subledger (no) or a cost object field. Then we would need to clean up the F0902 and the F0911.

Has anyone esle run into this and if so, what was the solution. Fiscal year end 3/31/04 and so any help before that would be appreciated.

Dave

You might try changing the posting edit code on the accounts involved to "S". This would make the subledger a required field, able to be queried from account ledger inquiry, but would post in summary to the F0902.

Terry

Back