Standard cost variance

rakeshmaji

For a particular item in Item Master, I have two receipts.Both receipts created a standard cost variance in the Account Ledger but only for one I can find an IB entry to correct the standard cost variance in the Item Ledger. Could someone please give an idea why there was no standard cost correction the other one. Thank you.

Will you please illuminate more? are both the receipts on same date or both under one OV? This will happen only if receipt document number is same however two different lines of same item.

Thanks,
Antara

Hi Antara,

Thanks for your reply. The OV receipts are different with 2 different dates (22.10.2012 and 23.10.2012). The IB record is created in the item ledger only for the receipt on 23.10.2012, but in the account ledger both receipts created standard cost variances. I don't understand why is the IB entry not created for the receipt on 22.10.2012 where there is a standard cost variance existing for the same in account ledger.

If you have any idea, it's always welcome.

regards,
Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,
It might be possible, if user has overwritten the unit cost at the time of second receipt in P4312 -
Thanks and regards,
Antara

Back