ST Unit Of Measure - Setup of Conversion

richchipper

Well Known Member
Big Picture: We have a distribution center responsible for daily shipments to 30 separate locations. We are creating daily ST orders for the DC to use.

The primary unit of measure is EA, but the DC wants to use a different unit of measure for these shipments. I am setting up MRP to use a version of the ST with an override unit of measure.

Can I set up the UOM conversion in the shipping branch or will I have to set it up in separate branches?

If I have to set it up in individual branches, is there a copy utility so I don't have to set it up in 31 different locations?

UOM Conversions are not Branch specific. They are either common (1 DZ = 12 EA), or Item Specific. They are not Item/Branch specific.

You may want to take a couple minutes to study how UOMs are defined and used in JDE.

If it's standard by product, why does it require a branch plant on set up?

I'm using program P41002. When I try to enter an item, it requires a branch/plant to be entered. Is there another program I need to be using?

Check your systems constants (form exit from B/P Constants)... is your UOM Conversion by Branch checked?

Craig -

That is checked. So, I assume that means I have to set up UOM's by branch. Does anyone know of a JDE copy function?

Heather

Hi Heather, the Item Branch Duplication programs (batch & interactive apps) have an option to copy UOM's as part of the creation of new Item/Branch records. However if these F4102's have already been created, then I think you may be out of luck - although maybe try re-running this for an existing Item in test and see if you get a quick win.
The UOM conversion record is pretty simple with often the only difference being the Branch (hinting that someone with sql skills would be able to prepare some records for you fairly quickly) UNLESS of course you really do require different UOM conversions by Branch (which is why I assume this was turned on)! Unfortunately there is no batch upload process to add/maintain these either.

The challenge is that we have one company with 31 branches and SKU's are set up way before we know the number per container. So, I'll have to see what I can do to get some help on this for a permanent basis.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Back