Splitting security by environment

bwr2006

We would like to split our security between environments. Right now we are either thinking about making a second copy of the security table or creating separate roles for environments. I was wondering what the pros and cons would be for either one.

Hands down best way…
2 F00950 tables. 1 for Production and 1 for Non-Production(every other nonprod environment points to this data source) in your landscape.

Pros - Way too many to list…
Cons - Security needs to be maintained twice unless you build a custom promotion set of objects. (you then start looking like SAP)
smile.gif

This is a big question and depends what you want to do - I wouldnt necessarily agree 2 tables always make sense.

The main pro of 2 tables is that you can change *PUBLIC. So, if your objective is to close your system than this is easier with 2 tables unless you have a tool like ALLOut in which case 2 tables is optional.

From a maintenace point of view obviously having security in 2 environments is extra work - however the fact that you can sychronise security abd finecut is an added bonus.

I would suggest that you view our products via a webinar or trial which help support 2 tables. If you prefer a purely technical chat - avoding all the sales - then feel free to contact me directly.

PS don’t try to change other security tables F95921, F0092, etc. Bootstrap tables CANNOT be OCM mapped. Keep it simple.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom