Special handling code in UDC (Fold area)

Mpeter

Well Known Member
Hi,

Can any one please let me know how we can use the Special Handling Code in the UDC? This you can see in the Fold area in WorldSoft and as separate column in E1.

Is there any program which uses this feature of the UDC.
and also please let me know where we can activate this so that this can be used by all the programs?

Thanks
Mark Peter
A7.3 Cum12.

The Special handeling code is there for use in certain programs, off the top pf my head I can thing of a few that are used 98/IT X- in SPHC says not to delete empty headers and 00/EU it hold the date of EU conversion.

However it is not something that you can switch on and off. It is there as a field and sometimes programs use it. If you want to use it then you can but you have to write the programs to do so.

Another use is in 00/LT. You enter a currency code in the special handling field to indicate that the ledger is a single currency ledger. Examples are XA (detailed restatement ledger) and AC (consolidations ledger).

If there is no currency code in the special handling field of a ledger type, the number of display decimals for balances (F0902) comes from the currency of the company. If there is a currency code in the special handling field of a ledger type, then the number of display decimals for balances comes from the ledger type currency.

The logic to use the special handling code for 00/LT is built into the programs.

Back