SP21_E1 - HP9000

adamd

Anybody else tried to apply SP21_E1 to a HP9000 server. Following instructions and when I run the zcat command etc to uncompress the system files get the following error; "Tar: Error! Blocksize Changed".

Anybody seen this before or have any idea. I have logged an issue with JDE but have not received an answer from them yet.

Regards

Adam,

when you FTP'd the Z file to your Unix box, are you sure you had the Binary transfer option set? If it defaulted to ASCII you would see the error you are getting.

Regards,

Thanks Larry,

I have now discovered the problem. When I unzipped the file it didn't unzip to the correct size. Basically the system.Z was smaller than the file I downloaded from the KG. Didn't seem right so I did it again on my PC rather than the Deployment Server and it was fine. Mmmm ?

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

regards

Larry,

Have you applied e1 to your Enterprise Server. I applied it to our test server at the weekend and got two errors for the server package build. One was "Not enough user virtual memory", no problem there we can increase that.

The other error was "cc: error 2150: Ran out of space." Not sure which volume they are talikng about. Any ideas ?

Regards

Sorry Adam, we're on SP20 - not SP21.

I wouldn't think that increasing your virtual memory is going to solve your problem unless you've been on the brink already.

Did you do a "bdf" command to see what filesystem(s) are full?

Back