Solution for User Group Impersonation

ganlida

My organization has strict row security not to allow end user to create sales/purchase order over business unit/company.

Recently, a UBE has been developed to automate inter-company sales/purchase order creation triggered by Sales Order Entry P4210 after a sales order to customer is accepted. However, the UBE was failed due to the strict row security.

Users didn't want to compromise the existing user role setup. So a custom business function has been developed and called by UBE to grant user (who run the UBE) a higher role (update F0092.UGRP) before F4211MBF was called and restored back to existing role at the end of UBE execution. It worked perfectly on fat client but it didn't work on web client as expected.

May I know any solution to get this user group impersonation to work on JDE web client? Or is there any way to run UBE under different User ID? RUNUBE solution may not be suitable to my case because I need to pass in RI values from P4210.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

When you run the application on the web , any subsequent business function calls would be running on the Enterprise server , with the exception of few which can run as client (java script on the web server).

The Logic server caching security (user group assignment) could be why it does not work when run from the web (and UBE in turn running on the server)

What you can use in your situation is Exclusive Application Security. Below is a snippet from a Oracle doc that explains what it is

Exclusive Application Security

Exclusive application security enables you to grant access to otherwise secured information through one exclusive application. For example, assume that you use row security to secure a user from seeing a range of salary information; however, the user needs to run a report for payroll that includes that salary information. You can grant access to the report, including the salary information, using exclusive application security. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne continues to secure the user from all other applications in which that salary information might appear. Exclusive Application Security is used only in combination with row security. It does not apply to any other types of security.

Sorry for the delay in replying this message. Thanks so much for the solution which has resolved my problem.

Back