SO Activity Rules - 904 status not defined for backorders

radi8

Well Known Member
When an order is put on back order by shipping, JDE is putting the status to 904, and we cannot determine why. Has anyone else experienced this? We run the R42118, Release Back orders, as a nightly job and it is not releasing these quantities because the status of the order is incorrect.

In our order activity rules for Sales Orders (SO) line type 'S', we do not have the 904 status defined for back orders. Can anyone check their Order Activity rules and see if status 904 is defined?

Hi.

[ QUOTE ]
When an order is put on back order by shipping, JDE is putting the status to 904, and we cannot determine why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you are reffering to the last status, and not the next status.

This is the standard

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone else experienced this? We run the R42118, Release Back orders, as a nightly job and it is not releasing these quantities because the status of the order is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps your data selection for this report is wrong

This should be based on quantity on Backorder <> 0 and Next status, and not in last status

[ QUOTE ]

In our order activity rules for Sales Orders (SO) line type 'S', we do not have the 904 status defined for back orders. Can anyone check their Order Activity rules and see if status 904 is defined?

[/ QUOTE ]

These status are not needed in the activity rules because they are last status, and no next ones.

I don't think 904 is a standard status - I'm attaching an OAR report taken from an unmodified environment.

Attachments

• 144437-Order Activity Rules - DV7334.zip
    618.7 KB · Views: 174
Alex, this is exactly what I have in my OAR as well. I do not think that this is a normal status code, but I cannot determine where or how it is being generated.

As for the R42118 batch, the PO is correct, but the output states that the status code is incorrect for the order. Looking at the ER, it fires the N42000860, BackOrderReleaseEditLine BSFN, which as part of its processing will validate the OAR. Since it is failing with the message stated previously, then I am thinking that the last status of 904 is causing the issues.

I may be totally wrong, but it is an avenue that I am investigating and asking for some insight.

Hi.

I dont have this in Order Activity rules, but in the UDC 40 / AT

904 Backorder at Ship confirm Do not Change or Delete

IMHO the backorder status are:

900 At Order Entry
902 At commitment
904 At ship confirm
909 At Transportation

All had the 2 description as do not change or delete

and we had this cases very often, and do not got any trouble releasing this backorders

This is correct clmates, these status codes exist but are not in the OAR (which are validated by the R42118). We CAN reverse the backorder with the P42117 but this should be reversed by the R42118 in the nightly job run. Once again, this may not be our issue... I may need to go deeper and try and find another reason why the R42118 is not working.

Hi.

It seems right

We anre on XE, so perhaps is a bug of R42118 in your version...

Seems you must debug this to see where it is failing.

Good Luck

Back