Simple Balance Sheet not calculating Retained Earnings

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
If I try to run a Simple Balance Sheet (R10111A) and set the processing option to calculate the Retained Earnings, I get blank/zero in Retained Earnings. Any ideas why I would be getting this type of result?

Has the Year-end processing been run calculate the Retained Earnings?

Have you setup GLG4 AAI's?

Boris,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we've setup the GLG4 AAI both for default company 00000 and our single company code 00022.

I admit I'm no expert on year-end closings, but I didn't think you had to run the year-end close to get retained earnings to show up on the Simple Balance Sheet report. I thought that's what the processing option was for -- to calculate retained earnings on the fly. Am I missing something here?

You shouldn't need to run the Year-End Close, and that is what the GLG4 AAI is for. Instead, you need to have a GLG5 AAI set up, and this is simply the "place holder" on the report for where the Net of Revenues & Expenditures should appear. It needs to be a valid account, and we set ours up as a Non-Posting Account (PEC). We just used the last number in our range of Retained Earnings accounts.

David,

Thanks for your post. I've checked that our GLG5 AAI is set and points to a valid account with an "N" PEC. Even with this setup, it still doesn't fill anything in the Retained Earnings line on the Simple Balance Sheet. Any other ideas? I'm wondering if maybe some strange posting or balance record might be throwing off the calculation routing.

D. Sauve.

Can U send a snapshot of Ur GL AAI setting? And tell me the last Bal Sheet Account on your chart.

Also, check the Processing Options of the report you run to see if it asks for Retained Earnings generation.

Ulrick Ceus, JDE Finance Guy

DSauve <[email protected]> wrote:
David,

Thanks for your post. I've checked that our GLG5 AAI is set and points to a valid account with an "N" PEC. Even with this setup, it still doesn't fill anything in the Retained Earnings line on the Simple Balance Sheet. Any other ideas? I'm wondering if maybe some strange posting or balance record might be throwing off the calculation routing.
Don Sauve Wagstaff, Inc. E1 8.9, Tools Release 8.93L1, Win2003, Oracle 9.2.0.4, Optio

Back