Service Pack

Bally_BK

Well Known Member
Hi

My client was planning to upgrade OS 400 from V5R2M0 to V5R3 as which our enterpise server is ruuning on As400..

How long it will take to apply Service pack 23_U1 to enterprise server..Pls tell me the total time required.
Also let me know the time frame for Service Pack for web sphere...

Can i get document for applying Service pack in detailslike how to apply and what are the steps would be followed...

i tried in orcale site but not able to find it, pls provide the document or link..

Our System Configuration :

One World XE ERP8
OS 400 for Enterprise Server
Web sphere version 4 Service Pack 22
DB2

any help is highly appreciated

Regards
Bally

We are in a similar situation on an AIX platform, one issue that was related to me though was that WAS 4 would not work with SP23 and latest version of WAS will not work with SP22, Thus the upgrade to new SP will need to be in conjunction with an upgrade to WAS .

Oracle may not have many comments on the IBM OS Upgrade - it's not really
their turf. You might want to be searching the IBM site - and touch basis
with your local rep (they should be able to provide 'quick' touchy-feely
answers). BEFORE you upgrade the OS - work with Oracle to make sure you
have all the necessary MTRs!

(db)

--

Thanks for replying ,

I like to know how long does it take to apply Service pack may 6 hrs or 9 hrs.., do we need to run the service pack first on Deployment server and then create full package and need to deploy to Enterprise server ?

Regards
Bally

Any Existing objects will get impact by applying Service pack 23..we did lot of modications on existing applications..

Regards
Bally

For installation instructions, go to the Oracle Customer Connection website, and search for "Service Pack 23 Installation Instructions Revised." Even though this is the exact full title of the document, Oracle's bizarre search will place the relevance of the document at about .80, so it won't be at the top of the search results. It will be close to the top, though.

As for how long this will take -- that's for you to find out, because it depends (to some degree) on your specific environment.

It's clear from some your later post that you're not clear about the difference between Service Packs and ESUs/ASUs. Given that, I recommend you contract with a good CNC (or at least have one on call) before you undertake applying the service pack.

Good luck!

You need to download the SP guide from the knowledge garden and read it
completely

In a message dated 5/8/2008 3:14:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

Thanks for replying ,

I like to know how long does it take to apply Service pack may 6 hrs or 9
hrs.., do we need to run the service pack first on Deployment server and th en
create full package and need to deploy to Enterprise server ?

Regards
Bally

Hi,

You should rather upgrade to V5R4, V5R3 supports expires
on April 30, 2009.
On the other hand, you should think about reinstalling
JAS instances on WAS 6.1 instead of 4.0, the latter being
an obsolete release.
The Service Pack install itself takes one hour on the
iSeries, what it takes the longest is to test the new
Service Pack on a development or sandbox environment.
The documentation can be found at Oracle site but search
for "Tools install", you can also contact Support Line by
phone and ask them to send you the install documentation
(PDFs) by email.

Thank you for that description to search on, I just spent the last 45 minutes searching the oracle site trying to find anything. I can't find anything on there so I just come here and I know that you guys are the best!

Back