Server Manager Console Upgrade to TR 9.1.3.3

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
I tried to upgrade our Server Manager console from TR 9.1.0.2 to TR 9.1.3.3 (on Windows 2008). I have already uploaded the Server Manager Update for TR 9.1.3.3, and from the Server Manager home, tried to click on "Change" to change the console version. It thinks for just a few seconds and then says that it couldn't install the new version. I'll attach a screen shot showing the error.

Any ideas? Am I too far apart in my TR versions to use just the "Change" option? Do I have to install Server Manager completely over? Documentation on upgrading Server Manager console in the 9.1.x tools release series is sorely lacking on MOS.

Thanks!

Here's the screen shot.

Attachments

• 184185-ServerManagerConsoleUpgradeError.JPG
    184185-ServerManagerConsoleUpgradeError.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 66
Just done from 9.1.3 to 9.1.3.3 without issue.
By the way you can manually run the redeployManagementConsole.cmd
script under c:\jde_home\targets\home\_staging
Restart the Management Console service before trying this. The script takes one parameter which is the password used to initially install the Management Console

Let me know if it works.

I went from 9.1.0.2 to 9.1.2.1 and then recently to 9.1.3.1 without any issue using the "change" feature. I would definitely reboot your server manager prior to doing anything though - and turn off any antivirus !

Jon,

I rebooted the server this weekend, but it still fails. I checked and antivirus was not running. Perplexing at best! Thanks.

Check that your weblogic server status is in Running State. Sometimes, the status of weblogic server chagnes to Undetermined. You will get the error message if your weblogic server status is undetermined.

Back