Sending External email

hkdba

I am trying to configure for sending external email. I managed to setup Outlook and searched through the KG for help. However, after composing the email and click 'OK' to send, I got an error and needed to check the jde.log. The entry in jde.log is:
1872/2440 Tue Jun 04 16:42:39 2002 B0200900.c300
eCallFailed: A MAPI call failed - SendMail

Anybody can help?

Thanks,
Alvin

Enterprise server: AIX
Deployment: NT
Client: w2k using Outlook
Mail server: Novell SMTP
Database: Oracle

Not sure if this problem has been resolved but I have used the following business function to send an email with no problems:

B0500190 – Send E-Mail HRM

Does Outlook work otherwise? I mean if you send external mail with just Outlook. It sounds like you're missing a MAPI dll.

sorry to tell that the problem is still pending. However, in our implementation, we do not include HR functionality.

yes. Outlook works fine as an email client on its own. Just doesn't work right with JDE :-(

Alvin,

Check out document ott-00-0032 on the KG.

Also, to verify you have the right SMTP server in your jde.ini, set it up on your server and test if your UBE completion messages can be sent.

I setup the jde.ini to point to our SMTP server and I can receive UBE completion message. The problem only occurs when I want to send external email using the exit bar icon, External Email. After composing the mail and click OK, error message was prompted and I found the detail (as in this thread earlier) in the jde.log.

Hi I have the same problem.We run on SP21 Jdedwards 5 on AS400 V5R1 .I had the same problem when I want to send a external message in JDE.I installed Esu JE5448 and the error messages in jde.log file is over now.
But I can not see outlook in workcenter.It is regardless of ESU.I made the required ini settings on Enterprise Server and on fat clients.But something is wrong but what?
I followed the instructions step by step in ott 00 - 00 32.
Can you help us?

Back