Send Message Extended - From email address

jimjung27

Has anyone heard of a way to use Send Message Extended and specify a "From" email address?

I am using the System Function Send Extended Message with a Data Dictionary Glossary Item in order to pass parameters to a Form Letter style email.

Everything is working fine but I have been asked to use a "From" Email address. This occurs in JD Edwards HR in P07640 under the Save button but I cannot figure out how they have done it.

not sure about that specific appl or the system function, but we have a bunch of stuff that uses the following C api and it works great and would allow you to specify the "from" email address.

JDE_SendEMailSMTPExt

jimjung27,

The following is for E9.1/TR9.1. You don't mention what versions you are using.

The System function Send Message Extended does not cater for a "from" email address. The application P07640 does not use the System function Send Message Extended. It uses the Business function SendLeaveApprovals.

Here are some business functions that a quick search found that may be useful(why couldn't you do the same?). They all have provision for a "from" email address. You will have to work out how they are used and which one (if any) suits you best.

Business Functions:
EmailMergeLetter (B0500725)
SendHRMEmail (B0501320)
HRMSendEmail (B0800603)
JDEMSendEMail (B0200900)

I prefer to use the business function ExecuteExternalProgram (B34A1030) and use email functionality on the server.

Back