Sales Update on STs

Jessica88

Well Known Member
Hi there ,

I have been running Sales Update on STs and I have noticed that the amount being debited to my goods in transit account is not always exactly the same as that in my Sales Detail file. Of 40 STs run, There is a difference ranging from 12 to 92 dollars for 8 of them , between F4211 and F0911 for the same Order Number.

Grateful if you could tell in what circumstances this is so.

Thanks and Regards,
Jessica.

Jessica,

Extended Cost should go to the accounts specified in AAI's 4220 and 4240.
Extended Amount (less Price Adjustments that impact price) should go the the accounts specified in AAI's 4230 and 4245 & 4250 (assuming A/R turned off).
Price Adjustments that impact price should go to the accounts specified in AAI 4270.

Have a look at what AAI's are pointing to the In-transit account you speak of and see if the above makes any sense. I like to cheat and use UTB over the F4095. It gives you easy access to all AAI's pointing to a specific Account/Object and a clean visual of all AAI's for a specific document type.

This may give you an in-sight into what might be the problem, assuming you don't need a SAR to fix it.

Happy hunting.

Regards,

Hi Craig,

I just found out where the difference is. It is to do with a difference between the unit cost and unit price. I'm getting a discrepancy on 1 or 2 lines in my sales order (F4211) and JDE sums up the Extended Cost column and this happens to be slightly than the Extended Price column.

Do you know why this is so ? Kindly advise.

Thanks,
Jessica.

Hi Jessica

I assume you are running average costing?
When you do a ship confirm, JDE will automatically re-cost the sales order. So if the average cost has changed, your cost fields on the order will be updated. If you wish to keep the cost and price in sync, you will need to run a re-price program as well prior to sales update.

Rgds,

Hi Sef,

Many thanks for your reply. Could you please tell me what the program name is ?

Thanks,
Jessica.

Jessica,
its R42950 - Sales Order Batch Price/Cost Update.

Can I also add that there are definitely some exchange rate problems within this general area, albeit the problems I encountered were to do with direct ship. If Sef's answer does not answer your question, you may want to look at this also.

Warm regards

Peter

Jessica88 <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Sef,Many thanks for your reply. Could you please tell me what the program name is ?Thanks,Jessica.
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=69409

This is the JDELIST Applications Mailing List. To stop receiving these messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel, then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

Back