Running Statements

brackca1

My company will normally run statements during business hours. I'm beginning to experience severe system performance in all departments. I'm wondering when companies usually run statements. Is it common to run during the day or on the weekend? We're running on One World XE on SQL server 7.0 with quad 750 processors and 4 gb memory. We have around 50 users which includes around 20 order entry people. Thanks in advance for any response.

If the jobs take long time to finish, you should put them in the Job Scheduler to run at night or/and on weekend.

suggest running out of hours.

are you using any custom ube's within the process. if so, you may also want to run a check to see if the process would benefit from creating a new index.

We are running on a similar spec server, with nearly 200 users and run our statements successfully during the day.

On Oracle I would suggest you need to Analyze your database, I assume there is a similar tuning tool for SQL Server, that allows SQL to efficiently query the database as it grows.

Otherwise check that all the tables being used have all their indexes. Have you monitored server activity during the running of Statements?

Thanks for the input. We do run an index rebuild each weekend and we run in SQL Server a DBCC(Database consistency check). I will say, I'm not certain which indexs I may be missing. I run standard "out of the box" statements which I hope JDE would create the necessary indexes. Thanks again.

Also look at the size of your F03B20 and F03B21 tables. Statements put
records into these tables and they can grow quite large. There is a purge
program R03B5010 which allows you to purge back to a specified period. We
keep 6 months worth of statements. Running the purge and keeping these
tables manageable may have a significant effect on performance.

Regards

Marty Fleming
Business Analyst
Richmond Limited

Phone: +64 +6 8786464 Ext 8168
Fax : +64 +6 8780959
Email: mailto:[email protected]

OneWorld: Xe SP16.1
Database: Oracle 8i
Enterprise Server: Compaq Proliant 8500R W2K

OneWorld: Xe SP16.1
Database: Oracle 8i