Row Report By Business Units

budLL

Well Known Member
Hi List,

There is one report customer asked for which is a budget YTD report. It will show 12 periods as column, and each business unit as row.

I picked up the FINRPTPA - Period Activity as my smart fileds using 12 times in the report. And for each row I selected the business units user asked. But it didn't work as what I want. It shows a lot of data, I even don't know where they came from.

I think the report is showing by account instead of by business unit. In column report, I can use level break to get the total for each business unit. but how can I do that in a row report? Which smart field should I use?

Thank you very much for any help.

Bud

Bud,
With a Financial Row Report, you want to make sure that you don't level break anywhere in your sequencing. If you do check the level break boxes, it will reprint all of the rows each time it level breaks. With a Tabular section, once you check the Level Break and Page Break boxes, the report automatically breaks without any more programming.

Hope it helps,
Janine

Janine,

Thank you.

The row report's description actually is showing all the accts description with the business units I selected in each row's data selection. But the report should show the business view description.

I started wondering whether I decided to use row report is the right decision.

Bud,
If you didn't use a Row Report, you could just level break by Business Unit and it should come out correctly. The Description field that comes across when you create a Financial Report is not the same as the description from the Business View. When you use a row report, the Description field is set in the row properties (Description). You can either set this description to be what you want it to say, or you can try eliminating the rows and level breaking on Business Unit. You may have to try several of the descriptions from the Business View to find the one that you want.

Hope this helps.
Janine

Hi Janine,

After I deleted all the level breaks, I got business units at each row and when I ran review, i got the results I wanted. But when I tried to run it from the report version, I got nothing except the blank lines. Don't know why. I debugged the report, and found out the report stopped right after it got the first data. It confused me and I don't know how to solve it.

Do you have any clue? I am really appreciate all your help.

Bud,
You may create and run ANother version, see what happens, and let us know.
Warm regards,

Adrian,

I created a new version. It works. So I added more rows in the report and also added the sum row. When I tried to run preview, I got the following message,
Failed to create root storage in the given queue.
I still can see some data, but not all of them. and when running it from version, I got nothing.

I will keep trying.

Thank you,

Back