Revised Unposted Entries (P12102) Timing Out

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
JDEList,

We have a problem where the Revise Unposted Entries (P12102) inquiry times out on the web client before returning data. I tracked this on the fat/admin client using the debug log and the sql statment took 8 minutes to return. However, when the same sql is executed on an oracle client it took 2 minutes. I am concerned about the difference.

In addition (this may be the wrong forum for this so I will post it on the applications forum), I would like to know how others use this application and how it performs. Our F0911 has about 15 million rows which I believe is quite small compared with some large organisations. Further, our users click the find button without adding any extra parameters.

On previous occaisions we have added a new index and done column analysis on the F0911. This worked initially, but as the table grows, the problem re-surfaces.

Any comments or advice is most welcome.

Hi,

The=20R12803=20(Identify=20New=20entries)=20periodically=20may=20help=20th e=20speed=20of=20this=20Inquiry.
I=20believe=20running=20this=20batch=20job=20flags=20all=20the=20F0911=20e ntries=20that=20are=20outside=20of=20the=20GL=20Accounts=20as=20defined=20 by=20the=20Fixed=20Asset=20AAIs=20so=20that=20they=20are=20bypassed=20by=20 the=20inquiry=20screen.

Kind=20regards,

Adrian

Re: RE: Revised Unposted Entries (P12102) Timing Out

Adrian,

Thank you for your repsonse. Unfortunately it is a little hard to follow as it appears on the thread with "=20" through it. I have cleaned it up, so that it is easier to read for those reading this thread. Here it is, cleaned up:

[ QUOTE ]
The R12803 (Identify New entries) periodically may help the speed of this Inquiry.
I believe running this batch job flags all the F0911 entries that are outside of the GL Accounts as defined by the Fixed Asset AAIs so that they are bypassed by the inquiry screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

We run the R12803 daily in the morning so that when staff arrive this is completed.

Peter, what about filters on the header screen? If a user enters several of them to narrow down the search, do you still get time-outs? For example, have the user enter a specific Account Number and Batch# or Doc Type, such as PV.

Boris,

I appreciate your reply. I had asked about this. Apparently the only filter field that is of any real use to the users is the company field - which does not help from a performance point of view. GL Dates, Century, Fiscal Year, and Perion Number would be more useful to the users and would have an impact on performance, but they aren't available on form.

Our DBAs are looking into this further and I have heard some "promising noises" coming from their direction.

Back